Saturday, August 06, 2005

Pizza and Beer don't mix.

That was an odd delivery I had just now.

I go to deliver some pizza, it's about 11 PM, and some drunken girl comes around, I assume, to pay for the pizza. I get out, and she says slurredly and laughing "Hey, come on around, we're all around back. What's your name?"

"Uhh... Joe."

It was at this point that she noticed I was carrying a pizza. And wearing a poppa john's hat. "Oh, you're the pizza guy.. ha ha, hey, this pizza guy's cute!!" She laughs into her cell phone.

"Oh, dear." I think to myself, surpressing a grin.
After she tries to reassure me that everyone else was drunk, but she wasn't, the guy that placed the order tells me that he doesn't have the cash. He has $10 of the $32 owed. He sends drunken girl to go bully the REST of the people into pitching in for the cash. Then some angry mother comes around asking why she can't pay with credit card, blah blah blah... Anyway, eventually there are many people gathered around my car, trying to solve the problem. Or rather, trying to remain standing, which for them, WAS the problem. The females kept apologizing to me, the guys kept asking if they could start eating the pizza. Eventually, they were able to change it to a debit card order, I was given the $10 as a tip, and some drunken girl hugged me in thanks. It was scary.

So, I go back to college in 2 weeks... it's so weird. I feel like I have a lot left to do before the summer's end, but I suppose I don't. I JUST got settled into the summer life, though. The job, the cars, the money, the women... These are just SOME of the things I wish I had been able to acquire before the summer's end, but oh well. I still can't help but look forward to this next year... I feel like a traitor. I spent the last 18 years of my life learning to hate school, but... I had never actualy experienced it. But then, this isn't just school, it's COLLEGE... it's a big deal. And holy crap, it's 1/4th over!! What am I doing?! Excuse me, ladies and gents, I gotta go get on with my life, before it's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home