Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Back in black... dress code.

So here I am, back in that place. It's.... actually, it's not that different. I have a different view on my friendships these days. First off, the only time I talk to my friends on the phone is when I call them... I don't receive calls, except for Rob, which is cool, Rob's a good guy. But, I don't know, it's slightly discouraging. But it's still all good... I'm finding friends where I need them. Speaking of friends, I was thinking the other day (for one reason or another) about, if I were to be married today, who would be my best man? It came down to Dominick and Ben, obviously. And much as it pains me, as cool as Dominick is, I'd have to go with Ben. I mean, I hang out with Ben ALL the time. I think Dom would understand though.... and he'd still be a groomsman, as would Rob and Ski. BUT, more important than all of this, who'd be the bride?! Heh, oh well. I think I have time to work on that one.. and, for that matter, I will TAKE time to work on that one. I'm more nervous about writing a thesis in the future than I am about that. Iss all good.

Moving along, with A-Jay back and classes started, things have started to go in sinc here at Christendom. She brought me a friggin' BOOMERANG, which is just beyond awesome, though I can't seem to throw it properly. For that matter, however, NO one can seem to throw it properly, so there you are. I feel bad, too, because it's getting a little beaten.... I feel kinda obligated to keep it in good condition, as a souvenier. On the other hand, A-Jay seemed really excited to see it thrown and stuff. She's cool like that; she's just glad I'm enjoying it.

Let's see... other Christendom antics... oh, oddly enough, the person I find myself hanging out with the most thus far is Dominicks girlfriend. Fear not, it's not a behind-his-back thing, she's just cool. I actually feel a little sorry for her. Her entire class is in rome, so she's forced to turn to UNDERCLASSMEN for socialization. Poor soul. Speaking of, she wanted to try out the boomerang again, but she didn't see me when she left class just now. Anh, I'll catch her at dinner.

Chrstendom is just odd without Ski. Who'da thought he'd leave such a hole? But seriously, everyone is aware of the lack of his presence. You look over to the St. Joe's porch, expecting to see Ski through a cloud of smoke. There's even a new teacher that everyone has embraced as the "Ski teacher", because they look so freaking alike. It's wacky. But he's in our thoughts and prayers, and we all hope he can return next semester.

As for me, I've gotten back to roots. I'm sitting here in the computer lab, listening to Matt's music, and I'm enjoying every moment of it. It's to be short lived, though.... long class day tomorrow. How much longer can it be to the river? *sigh* I'll never make it three more days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home