Saturday, February 02, 2008

Thesis

Yup. Thesis. That's exactly how much I know about that long-ass paper I have to write this semester.

...It's called a "thesis".

It's true, I don't have anything written yet, now do I have any research done, and yes, ladies and gentlemen, I REALLY don't have a topic yet. But do I worry? Of COURSE NOT!! And WHY?!?!

...Uh... Because I have really F'ed up priorities, that's why.

Nah, I'll get it done. Starting it is always the hardest part for me, and since I'm essentially giving up distractions for Lent, I will HOPEFULLY be in the clear. But still, that's wayyy in the future, not something for me to be thinking about right now. So what SHOULD I be thinking about? Weelllllllll.....

The Super Bowl.
Giants vs. Patriots

Eli Manning tries to live up to his brother's name, and the Giants try to climb their way out of obscurity and into history.

Meanwhile...

Tom Brady tries to find another girl to knock up and simultaneously make all Catholics look bad because he's supposed to be, andthe Patriots try to cheat their way into history as only the second team to go without a single loss in a season.

Everyone's talking about the patriots. The patriots, patriots, patriots. Blah, blah, blah. I refuse to be one of them. Let's think about the Giants for a moment. The Giants came closer than anyone else to beating the pats. In fact, ever since the Eagles revealed a chink in the pats armor, they haven't quite seemed the invicible team they think they are... Long story short? This is going to be a MUCH different game than everyone expects. That's why I'm calling for a party.

That's right: I may have missed it last year, but the tradition of a Super Bowl party at Hich's house is FAR from broken!!! This year has been a painful one for all of us, but that doesn't mean that the football championship is any less important or meaningful.

And it CERTAINLY doesn't mean it's any less of a reason to drink.

It should be a pretty good party this year. I invited two classes of people: My close group of friends, and my outter-group of friends that know/give a crap about the NFL. That way, I'll have fun AND strategies to discuss at halftime! Win freakin' win, baby!!! I'm sad that A-Jay won't be around, but I guess I have the rest of my life to chill with family, but only this semester to chill with my friends.

Damn you, don't get choked up! Hold it in... hold it in... *sigh*

No, but yeah, we have all the usual foods and everything, so it should be a good time. You should come! I mean YOUUUU!!!!!

Well, I'm now on the phone, and it would be wrong to both you AND the person on the other line to continue with both. And so, I bid you all farewell.

Cheers!
-Hich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home