Sunday, January 18, 2009

The truth about women.

http://5secondfilms.com/watch/the_man_who_knows_everything_there_is_to_know_about_women
Damn HTML... Just click the link and watch it, OK?!


Seriously, though, www.5secondfilms.com is one of the more hilarious websites you can visit past 2 AM or while drinking. I highly recommend it.

So what's new?

It really no secret anymore to any of you that I intend to move to Wisconsin ASAP. As soon as I have enough money(and hopefully, a job lined up), I'm outta here. And I know what you're thinking: "That's a pretty big 'as soon as'." Well, who gave you the right to comment on my life?

No, seriously though, it DOES sound like it, but I've always been a firm believer in the concept of "It's there for the taking." People who can't get a job just aren't looking hard enough sometimes. Why has it taken me so long, then, to get a life? Part of it was really trying to give National Turn Services a real chance. Ok, that was a BIG part of it. But it just hasn't worked out, and that knocks out a good 4 months or so of money-making. So, I returned to delivering pizzas. I feel the same about it now as I did way back when: it's quick cash, so suck it up.

I'm sucking it up.

And so, I'm back in the plus column. It's a little slower going than I'd like, but it's happened, and that's what's important. Tomorrow, I re-open my savings account(a personal victory). So I slowly save money until I have enough to move on to bigger things...

What bigger things you ask?

Whatever the web has to offer. There's actually some really, REALLY good entry-level jobs in the Milwaukee area. One I've got my eye on is Internal Revenues Agent. You seeing that?! I'd be an AUDITOR!!! I would be the scum-of-the-universe tax collector! I'd be the guy from Stranger Than Fiction!!!
Hilarious, right?

BUT, it's a government job(which are NEVER full), they train you right there, and the money is bangin'. So what if I'd sell my soul? It's only metaphorically.
Anyway, if that doesn't work out, there's a million others. Alls I gotta do is(finally) type up a resume and(finally) get a credit card, both of which I can knock out in an afternoon. Oh, speaking of jobs...

Papa Johns says I gotta work the Super Bowl. What does this mean? It means no party... no drinking... No mini pigs in a blanket, or A-Jay's famous taco dip, or football-shaped bread, or meatballs, or chips, or dip. Basically, my reason for existing in February. This only happened once a year, and I can't be a part of it. Don't they KNOW that Party at the Hichborns' is a TRADITION?! HOW CAN I BREAK THIS TRADITION?!?!
Y'know, it's funny... I presented this problem to three people. The one girl I presented it to said "Well, it's only one year, and at least you'll make good money." The two guys I presented it to said "Well, good luck finding a new job."

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: Your stereotypes.

So where do I fall? As much as it pains me, as much as my brother will never let me live it down(I missed the LAST time the Steelers were in the Super Bowl, too)... I gotta keep my job. I'm finally making money, how am I supposed to throw it away? Just ride out the F'ing storm and be DONE with it. I just gotta grit my teeth.

...I'll start any moment now.

Sure, I'd love to have my cake and eat it too. I could just take my other manager's advice and tell PJ's I'll be out of town... But I couldn't.
AUGH, this SUCKS!!!!!!!!

*sigh* Now I'm all worked up. I gotta watch some Whose Line Is It Anyway to calm myself down, then catch some shuteye... See y'all later.

Ciao,
-Hich

P.S. I updated the zombie story a little, but I'll add more soon. I didn't get as far as I wanted.
P.P.S. Everyone remember to pray that FOCA (Freedom Of Choice Act) doesn't pass into law.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha-ha! A women's menstral cycle is nothing more than a man trying to get out...that's hilarious!! =D

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home