Wednesday, June 11, 2008

National Turn Industries

Such is the name of the company that I for work.

That "company" is actually just a guy with a plan. He hired various people to do various things, and oversees the whole thing. Then he started collecting contracts, mostly from military housing in Quantico. Apparently, that makes him a company. But hey, isn't that how they always start? A guy with a plan. Wish I had a plan.

I KNOW! I'll steal all the celery in the world!

No, not THAT kind of plan. A career plan! But for now, this will do.
See, the original plan was, I sign on with them, give a helping hand for a few weeks until their "changing lightbulbs" contract started up on the 16th. Then, I would be working 5 hours a day, you guessed it: changing lightbulbs. But either I did something right, or my boss decided I couldn't work unsupervised, because now the plan has changed. I stay working with him and Dan at 8-10 hours a day, and someone else does the lightbulbs thing. Great! That works out just fine for me because, originally, I was going to pick up a second job since I'd only be changing lightbulbs 'till 12 or 1 in the afternoon. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I never got that second job. But now, I don't need one, 'cause this one is full time! And at that kinda pay, it sure beats anything else I could be doing. Working with my bro, getting exercise, good pay... Good stuff. I mean, don't get me wrong, caulking the seal around bathtubs all day long isn't exactly glorious(or dignified), but I finally feel like I'm doing something. There IS satisfaction in a job well done here. So, that's something. On the other hand, there are certain... risks in this job. For example, when you've got a narrow landing halfway up a stairwell, a fifteen-foot ceiling, and a burned-out lightbulb, there are only so many things you can do...

Photobucket
Q. How many Hichborns does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Photobucket
A. Two. One to screw in the lightbulb, and one to do 180 lbs. squats until he can lift his brother while standing on a stepladder.

What else is going on...?
Oh, a car search! But, that'll have to wait, because I'm on the phone. So, sorry to cut y'all off, but I'll post again soon(hopefully).

Peace out.
--Hich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home