Thursday, May 10, 2007

I forgot one.

I was wrong... there is one more way a person can be stressed. That is, in relation to another person, be it worrying about someone or missing them. This differs from the other kinds of stress because, unlike studying for finals, the stressed person has no control over this. The stress stems from what you WANT, not your actions (i.e. I hope he/she is OK, I hope he/she comes home soon, etc.) To be harsh, this is the most useless kind of stress. It does not fuel you to better your life; rather, it bogs you down. It can even lead you to rash decisions(though they may turn out well, if your fears are well grounded). I suppose the only real solution to this is to talk it out with someone. That, and scotch.

There are bound to be disagreements with me on this, which is fine. Everyone has their own way of dealing with stress. I tend to avoid it altogether, at least in great quantities. That's why I'm such a cold, objective observer to it. Maybe I'm wrong in all this, it's hard to say. But it's my take on it, anyway.

I want a new topic... one that won't make me sick.
ONE THAT WON'T MAKE ME CRASH MY CAR, OR MAKE ME FEEL THREE FEET THICK!!!

*cough* Wow. Thanks, Huey, for breaking the ice. Hey, my room's getting cleaned! I've been workin' on it and everything! I even dusted my desk! Can you all believe it?! No, probably not. But I don't care!

I have to go get my Dad, now. Don't stress about it, I'll survive.

Um... hmm... new, cool, sign-out saying.

Hichborn, out!

Oh man... just no.

Until we meet again...

Nope, sorry, Jane Austin just called and threatened to sue if I use that one.

Ok, I'll borrow one from CWOD Gazette until I can think of one for myself.

Be manly!
--Hich

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um...should I be worried?

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot you can deal with stress from worrying about someone else with prayer. Man, as a preggo, I got STUPID worried that my baby wasn't healthy (yeah, retarded things like did I cook her by getting to warm while sleeping under my down comforter...very retarded of me). Honestly, saying a prayer helped, because I realized that's all I could do. Worrying was dumb, like you said. It does nothing good, and can actually do physical harm.

I wouldn't say you're cold or harsh...I would say you're rational. =)

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe worry is totally useless. You can worry, or you can do something, and it doesn't have to be physical. Prayer is doing something. Guess that's why, when your brother broke his arm at Scout camp years ago and they woke me up from a sound sleep to tell me he was going in for surgery to fix it, I said a prayer, had a glass of wine, and went back to sleep. I'm sure the nurses wondered about me when they woke me again to say he'd come out of it fine. Doesn't mean I haven't had many sleepless nights over one or the other of you, but I didn't claim I always practice what I preach!

On another note . . . get ready to PARTY!! SF here you come!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about, "Later!" for a sign out? Or "Hola!"...means hello AND good-bye! =)Or "Catch ya' on the flip-flop!" Just a few things to mull over...

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home