Saturday, November 19, 2005

If only to please those who follow my life, I post to thee.

I know, I know, I didn't wait the required month before posting again, but apperently people READ this blog now, so I have to keep them happy. You see, this blog isn't for me, no no, that'd be absurd. It's for YOU greedy people. And so, without further adieau, or however that's spelled(I don't speak surrender), on with the show.

My birthday was freakin' SWEET. It started like any other birthday, and continued as such, but when I went back to my room at 5, a bunch of people jumped out at me and yelled at me. I know, it doesn't sound as pleasant as it actually was. No, but yeah, I had a surprise party! It was actually my first, if my memory serves me correctly. It was really, REALLY cool. Turns out I have friends! They went the whole nine yards, too. Pizza, soda, dessert, and cards. Oh, and of course, music(but no dancing... after all, it was a party for ME.). It was a lot of fun, getting to just hang out with friends. And I think I needed it, 'cause this week has been pretty crappy, which moves us to the complaint section of today's post.

So, yeah, I had a Way test on thursday, as well as a paper due(but that certainly wasn't turned in on thursday), a test friday, which I had to stay up late studying for since I was finishing up my paper on thursday night, but the test then got moved to monday so it can get in the way of my OTHER paper I have to write which is due on monday and which I haven't started yet!!! WEEEE!!!!!! Anywhoo, let's move on.

I didn't make it to the river last night, sadly. I went to a birthday party for Trish(what's with all the birthdays this week?!). Don't get me wrong, it was a lotta fun as well, what with the free dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and the hanging out drinking at her boyfriends. Still... no Lydia Pink, no John Tunakanaka, no beer... NO BEER! Made me cry. Oh, and at Ruby Tuesdays, I ordered the "Louisianna fried shrimp". Little did I realize, "Louisianna fried shrimp" translates to "Christendom friday platter". Gee, let's see, it was fried popcorn shrimp, fries, and cole slaw. It made me very, very depressed... here I had a chance to get a QUALITY meal on a FRIDAY, and I'm so attatched to Christendom that I subconciously order more Christendom food. *Sigh*. Oh, well.

I'm 19 now. Ah-HA HA HA HA!!!!

I'm so run down. I just feel DRAINED, mentally and physically. Papers do that to me, and I have to turn around and do another... Thanksgiving can't come soon enough. But then, I should work to get more money that week. I just want to sit around. If you can believe what I'm about to say, I actually can't wait for the week after Thanksgiving break. You see, my best (and only) friend from home is coming to Christendom to visit!! THAT'S going to be awesome. Don't get me wrong, I like the people here, but I've known this girl as long as I can remember, she's like the little sister I never had. She's coming on Dec. 2nd, and staying the weekend. It's gonig to be so much fun, we're taking her down to the river. Rock, rock on.

There's so much I haven't said, but I don't know what it is. Even if I did, I don't know if I'd know how to say it.

I was about to go, but I realized that I can't leave without giving this post a pick me up, so I'll go out on a joke of some sort. Uh... right. Um. So there are these two muffins cooking in the oven, right? And one turns to the other and says "Hot enough for ya?" The other turns around and says "HOLY S***, A TALKING MUFFIN!!!!"

A guy walks into a bar... WHAM!

Oh, I know. So I'm in English yesterday, right? And I was still kinda sick at this point, so I'm just spacing out, staring off into space, when I realize Dr. Rice is looking at me, so I answer him with an intellectual "What?". He asks if I brought my text today.
"No."
Did you READ your text?
"Uh... I didn't finish it"(Nor did I start it, but he didn't have to know that.)
So five minutes later, he's picking people out to dramatically read, and he's picking just about everybody in the room to read for some part (except Liz... sorry, Liz.), and when he gets to me, he just looks at me and says "Hichborn... oh, you're worthless." and moves on.
Oh. I'm worthless.
I told this story to Trish at her birthday party and she said "Oh, that's ok, you're not worthless in a bad way, you're worthless in a charming way!"
So I looked at her and said "Worthless in a charming way... like a hobo wearing a ripped and patched sport coat?"

...I'm charming? My complements always seem odd in some manner. But hell, I'll take it.

Dinner time, my subjects. Go, eat.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Tsk tsk tsk. If you'd gotten a proper study guide for your Way test, you wouldn't be unhappy about it, knowing that you'd be about as well-studied as you could be if you'd read ALL the assigned readings..

8:15 AM  
Blogger Reepicheep said...

Chicken noodle soup is good.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home