Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The future.

So, my dad has been sitting down with me lately and talking about my plans for the future. He keep bringing up and suggesting the coast guard, whether enlisted or as an officer. He even went so far as to say they'd accept a two-year degree. To be honest, this completely blew me away. I don't know if I'm not maturing as quickly as most people, or if he is trying to get me to mature faster than usual, but my light at the end of the tunnel is graduation, that's IT. Yes, I want to do all 4 years at Christendom. No, I HAVEN'T thought about my life's career. I've got two things on my mind: staying at college, and keeping money in my pocket while I'm there. I don't expect to be delivering pizzas for the rest of my life, it's just what I'm doing now to get some cash. So why the pressure? He proceeded to tell me all about myself, my strengths and so forth, and how they would fit the coast guard. I'm really not considering it, but it's not because I don't want to join - the issue is that I'm not considering ANYTHING right now. Maybe that's shortsighted of me, I honestly don't know, but it seems ridiculous to be talking about it not even halfway through my college career. I guess he just wants to make sure my life goes somewhere. I'd like that, too.

By the by, all questions here are for myself to ponder, don't feel obligated to answer them. In fact, this whole BLOG was made as a deposit for my thoughts, not a way to keep in contact with people. I never even mentioned it to anyone; it was discovered and linked to by a friend of mine. So none of this is a cry for help, or asking for attention... it's just somewhere to get crap off my chest. If this blog annoys you in some way, don't tell me about it, just don't read it anymore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

My mother tends to get a similar annoying streak.. but it usually is about convents. :P

Although I've had my life planned out since middle school, I can see what you're dealing with. You want (apparently) to complete what needs completion first.

Who knows, maybe your dad isn't positive that you like Christendom all that much, and might be under the impression that you're thinking of the Armed Services and is thinking of which branch is least likely to get you killed.. I haven't heard of too many Coast Guard-related deaths lately..

And even if I never speak to you (much, if at all) at Christendom, rest assured that I'm glad you're sticking it out.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Scarcely Human said...

Heh, that could be (the least-death one)... I can see him wanting me in the armed forces of some sort. Both he and my mom were in the Navy for a good long while. I couldn't leave Christendom. With how much I complain about it, I really do love it there.

I wouldn't know whether or not we talk that much, I honestly for the life of me can't figure out who you are. Ok, you're Elizabeth, that's a given. But there are a startling number of your type there!! Don't get me wrong, however, I do apprecate your input.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

There were also a startling number of Freshmen out there last year too. :P

Let's see.. I was in Rome.. go look "Elizabeth" up in the DogBook and find one that was in Rome Fall 2005. That ought to clear things up..

6:40 AM  
Blogger Andrew Stine said...

Ditto with my dad. Only he wants me to be a network engineer or something similar.

BTW. I comment cause I'm bored. I don't think anyone feels obligated to answer you.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home